account-logged-inaccountarrow-leftbasketbasketbasketBottle icon-1cirlce-successclosecreditSlice 1lockedlogoutmarkerSlice 1searchsuccesssuccessSlice 2truckSlice 1amexjcbmaestromastercardpaypalpaypal-iconpaypal-sm-iconpaypalvisaworldpay-colorPowered byworldpayPowered byfacebooktwitteryoutube
This website requires the use of cookies. To find out more about our use of cookies, view our privacy policy
Jump to Content

Aberlour

First Society bottling in 1988.

It was established on the site of a holy well dedicated to St Drostan (who became Archbishop of Canterbury in 960). The well was long used for baptisms, but in recent years it dried up. Happily, it began to gush forth again the year the malt won top prize at the International Wine and Spirit Competition! The distillery was rebuilt in 1879, and again in 1898 (following a fire) and extended to four stills in 1973. It was bought by Campbell Distillers in 1974 and takes the name of the nearby village.

1826
Active
Aberlour, AB38 9PJ
Speyside